We all know that massages feel GREAT!!!
But did you know…
The benefits of massage go well past the fifteen minutes after walking out of our office!!! Here are just a few example of how massage can benefit YOU!
Here are some of the PHYSICAL benefits you can receive from massage:
- Decreases tension in relaxed muscles
- Improves flexibility in stiff, tight muscles
- Promotes increased blood and lymph circulation, thus speeding up the healing process
- Helps to reduce hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Strengthening the immune system through the decrease of physical stressors on the body
Also are some of the MENTAL and EMOTIONAL benefits of massage:
- Assists in relieving mental stress and anxiety through relaxation
- May provide an avenue for emotional release
- Provides a feeling of being cared for
- Unifies the mind and body, making you more aware about yourself
Research is constantly being done to provide scientific evidence to support the efficacy of massage.